Orthopedics - Total Joint Arthroplasty
Advanced Center for Orthopedics - Marquette is seeking a BE/BC Total Joint Orthopedic Surgeon to join their practice.
* Board Certified or Board Eligible Required
* MD and DO Candidates will be considered
* Fellowship trained in Orthopaedic Total Joint Arthroplasty required
* Volume: 20-30 patients per day, depending on practice style
About the Practice
Advanced Center for Orthopedics, formerly Orthopaedic Surgery Associates of Marquette P.C., has been providing unmatched care to patients in Marquette, the surrounding Upper Peninsula, and throughout Northern Michigan for 50 years. What once started out as a two-doctor practice has grown to become a renowned state-of-the-art orthopedic facility that covers virtually all aspects of orthopedic, plastic & reconstructive, and podiatric care. Subspecialty-trained in all areas of the body, our world-class team of orthopedic surgeons, plastic surgeon, and specialists is dedicated to providing customized treatment plans focused on each patient’s individual needs and desires.
ACO has outreach clinics located in Escanaba, Ishpeming, and L’Anse, Michigan. New providers have the opportunity to expand their market-share and earning potential by participating in an outreach clinic.
- Fast-track to Partner: Income guarantee for first year, partnership with production-based income starting with year two.
- Physician is offered partner status after year one with $500 buy-in.
- Employment with the Upper Peninsula’s largest independent multi-specialty practice (Orthopaedics, Plastics & Reconstructive, Podiatry, Physicial Therapy, DME (Bracing), Digital X-ray (full spine), DEXA)
- Currently, practice is comprised of: 7 Orthopaedic Surgeons (subspecialists in spine, total joint, shoulder/elbow, sports medicine, foot & ankle); 1 Plastics & Recontructive/Hand Surgeon; 1 Family Practice/Sports Medicine; 2 Podiatrists; 8 Mid-levels (4 Physician Assistants/4 Nurse Practitioners); 2 Physical Therapists/1 Physical Therapist Assistant
- Livable On-Call Requirement – Orthopaedic Call at Level II trauma center is 1:8, rotated weekdays (Monday - Thursday 7:00pm-7:00am) and weekend (Friday 7:00pm – Monday 7:00am) call duties.
- Equipment Available for in-Office Procedures: C-Arm, RF Generator
Attractive financial and benefit package with increased earning potential
- Strong and stable group has been in existence since 1966
- Well-balanced Payer Mix = 39% Medicare, 31% Blue Cross/Blue Shield, 13% Commercial Insurance and 12% Medicaid, the rest is Workers Comp/Auto, Self-pay.
About the Hospital
UP Health System - Marquette (UPHS - Marquette) is a federally-designated Regional Referral Center for Michigan’s Upper Peninsula (UP). UPHS - Marquette is a Level II Trauma Center, as verified by the American College of Surgeons’ Committee on Trauma. The Joint Commission awarded the hospital the Gold Seal of Approval for its Primary Stroke Center in 2010, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan gave UPHS - Marquette its Blue Distinction for Spine Surgery in 2010. In oncology, UPHS - Marquette has been granted designated by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
Currently a 315-bed specialty care hospital, we are in the planning stages of our new state of the art hospital, anticipated completion in approximately three years. As Upper Michigan's Regional Medical Center, UP Health System – Marquette recruits for employed and private practice positions in Marquette, Michigan, and similar positions at hospital-owned clinics in eight other communities throughout Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
UPHS - Marquette receives patients from across the UP and provides care in 65 specialties and subspecialties. Our dynamic medical staff of more than 200 doctors, with an average age in the mid-40s upholds the high standards of excellence while appreciating an exceptionally high quality of life. They work as a team with our employees in caring for approximately 12,000 inpatients and more than 350,000 outpatients a year.
100% of our staff is board certified or board eligible. Our Major Services include the Heart & Vascular Institute, Cancer Care Center (a Duke affiliated Cancer Program), Brain and Spine Center, Rehabilitation Center, Behavioral Health Service, Upper Michigan's Level II Trauma Center and the Women's & Children's Center. We also provide the region's premier services in imaging, surgery, and laboratory, and are home to the U.P. Telehealth Network, a leading telehealth network in the nation.
As a teaching hospital, UPHS - Marquette has numerous affiliations with universities and community colleges throughout the state and the Midwest training medical students, family medicine residents, Pharm.D. pharmacists, nurses, physical and occupational therapists, nurse anesthetists, radiographers, surgical technicians and dietitians. Through its collaboration with Northern Michigan University, UPHS - Marquette also is part of the Upper Michigan Brain Tumor Center, which is conducting primary research on the formation of brain tumors.
The City of Marquette is located in the central region of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. With a population of 21,335, it is the UP’s largest community. In addition to being a population center, it serves as the regional center for education, healthcare, recreation and retail offering amazing arts and culture opportunities, stellar schools. Marquette also is the home of Northern Michigan University.
Residents of the City of Marquette have long appreciated their community’s abundant natural beauty, unique climate and the high quality of life that is enjoyed here. A strong commitment by both city leaders and active community members has helped Marquette to become one of the nation’s premier cities. Our national recognition includes being named one of “America’s Most Livable Communities” by Partners for Livable Communities in 2004, involvement in Michigan’s “Cool Cities” initiative, and receipt of the “All-American City” award by the National Civic League in 2003. Forbes also named Marquette the “Third Best City in America to Raise a Family” in 2010, and, most recently, Marquette was named one of the top micropolitan cities by Site Selection Magazine in March 2011.
Water sports and skiing can be enjoyed only 15 minutes from the hospital, and family activities are available throughout the year. Marquette County has 85 miles of groomed cross-country ski trails and several Nordic skiing events. In addition, Bike magazine declared Marquette the number two city in America for “Biking and Living” in its June 2001 issue.
Interested in Applying?
Please contact Physician Recruitment via our UPHS Career Center Line: 906-225-7777, or send us a message by click here.